Susanna Robar Ministries
Helping A Victim
How To Help Yourself . . .
FIRST. . . Get to a safe place, then:
- Realize that what happened to you is not your fault.
- What happened is a criminal offense.
- The perpetrator holds all of the blame.
- Ask someone to help you make a phone call to report the crime to the police department or a rape crisis center.
- Keep telling your story until you have been heard.
- Get medical care.
- Your only mission is to heal: Find supportive people who will always believe in you.
- Maintain regular daily habits.
- Become familiar with ways to set safe boundaries with friends and family; stay connected with people.
- Be good to yourself ~ There is Hope for You!
How to Help Another . . .
FIRST . . . Confirm that they are in a safe place, then:
- Offer to help them call a trauma center or the police department to report the crime.
- Allow for the telling of the story from the victim, without pressure, sincerely believing in them.
- Be encouraging ~ avoid making decisions for them.
National Resource: RAINN
RAINN is the acronym for "Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network" and is known as the largest
anti-sexual violence organization in the United States.
National Sexual Assault Hotline
HOTLINE: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
This emergency number can be accessed by
anyone within the United States.
RAINN and it's affiliate centers around the
country offer the following services:
1. Counseling for individuals and families
2. Support groups
3. Advocacy assistance for the legal and criminal justice systems
4. Crime victim assistance advocacy
5. Education for community and professional interests
6. Casework and other practical assistance
7. Emergency shelters
8. Accompaniment to hospital centers
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of all mercies and God of all comfort, Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort
with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
E-mail: [email protected]
© 1998-2016 Susanna Shutz Robar